Category Archives: IT
How to get from Rome to Rio is an interesting site - try it as an alternate for google map and you will see multiple options for the mode of transport and it makes it very interesting……
This site is established by a technology startup based out of Melbourne, Australia. The current version searches worldwide flight schedules, European, North American, Indian and Chinese trains, North American inter-city buses, driving and ferry routes. The public beta version was launched in April 2011.
Yeah, it may sound crazy…but it feels like Oscar! I am referring to the long service award which I got from my employer - 10 years in the same organization is indeed a milestone.
Yes, what is striking is that all these long service awardees have put in the best of their career years into this organization – this is amazing!! I am sure if any of the long service awardees get their biographies done, this period in our life time will definitely be a focused coverage!. All have been together, learnt many things, grown, been loyal, dedicated, etc……..
Professionally and personally I have matured a lot in these last 10 years and my organization has a very big role to play in my growth - when i say organization, it goes without saying it is the people who make the organization.
Coming back to the ”feeling like Oscar”, it is ARR’s Oscar award acceptance speech which crosses my mind – the famous quote ‘Ella Pugazhum Irayvanuke (All praise be to God)’ - probably it is true in my case, but just that for me the God is in the people around me - ” my parents - who instilled the value of life into me, my spouse and kids – who understand me and relentlessly support me to handle and balance my work load and personal life, my sibling – who inspires me to face and live my life, my friends – who shape my thoughts and make me better every day, my mentors -who put their faith in my potential and give responsibilities which help me grow professionally, my colleagues - who bring in those moments of happiness and belongingness to keep me going , my team – who actually make it possible for me to deliver the expectations - so, it is people, people, people………..probably, my note should go like ” Ella Pugazhum Irayvanuke - Ennai Sutri Manithanai irrukum Irayvanuke” (All praise be to God who is in the form of People around me!)
To close, i quote these lines from ttrangarajan -” Happiness is in small things! Success is in big things” and these 10 long years in this organization gave the opportunities for small things and big things!!
God bless! Makes me feel wonderful about this milestone!
It was 12.40 am…. i get a feeling that all the teams at work are lost in galaxy!!…….probably this feeling is the after effect of two consecutive 13-14 hour grueling work days and my hurting throat infection…handling tiring telecons, (mis)communications, egos!!…….
and then suddenly i am gushing to list these four liners….. honestly, at the end of this listing exercise, I felt more positive about work….i could see the fun part of it……..all functions indeed knew what needs to improve(in other functions) for them to perform !!! Probably we are on the right track!!
whoever handles these functions, these four lines last ever…they keep coming back in different flavors through different media …notice that all functions are 100% dependent on other functions to reach 100% !!
- Finance has to do better revenue recognition and better reporting
- Delivery teams have to keep all projects in GREEN
- Resourcing team must provide experienced high end resources with no lead time and forecast
- Management must invest more to improve customer relationship
- Sales team to have all clean agreements with customer with good rates
- Delivery teams must ensure that all timesheets are filled on time to enable timely revenue recognition
- Resourcing team need to allocate only cheaper resources so that Gross Margin for all deals will be good
- HR team to provide timely inputs for processing on time salary processing
- Sales to sell a better estimation
- Resourcing team to get capable resources and provide additional non billing resources
- Client management should shy away from over committing and handle customer expectation
- HR team to give promotions and salaries for all the team members every quarter
- Sales team to provide accurate forecast and enough lead time
- Delivery team will accept near fit candidates
- All the resource requirement are only for plain vanilla skills (no niche skills which are not available in market)
- Management to approve larger bench so that resources are available to allocate in short lead time
- Delivery to manage projects well so that they do not stretch people
- Sales to get good rates for projects to provide a better salary
- Delivery teams to handle resources like HR teams and keep the individuals always motivated to avoid any HR issues
- Management to approve new projects and larger budgets to energize all – through various FUN at WORK programs