What did you learn in 2011?
It was a long day! The day was packed with meetings and all the eight of us were tired when we sat around the dinner table …Most of us were just waiting to finish dinner and hit the bed…I always feel when you are expended mentally (brain storming sessions for such long durations do tire you!), you also feel exhausted physically! The group was quiet and was awaiting the food …..then, suddenly one of the folks said “till the food arrives….let us share what is one big learning for each of us in 2011″
I was amazed by what I heard from each one in that group – am sure that the tough IT scenario does teach life to us…. though every learning shared sounded very philosophical, each one of us had an experience (which we shared) in 2011 which made us learn …….
Here are the learnings…….
- Health is the most critical factor
- Nothing matters in the big picture – what is so critical today may not be even remembered later
- there is nothing like right or wrong
- Whatever happens, keep the focus and do what your are suppose to do – things will fall in place (karma yoga!)
- Give freedom to your family and team members – you will be amazed at the creativity which comes out because of freedom of thought
- It is good to do this 100% perfect, but it is better to get them done!
- You should take both good and bad with the same state of mind
- Life is not a zero sum game - it is a non-zero sum game (win-win)
What was your learning in 2011?