Considering that all we hear about are the scandals rocking our Indian Government over 2G , this has been a very refreshing experience – I am talking about the new PASSPORT SEVA KENDRA from our own Indian Government. I witnessed a sea change – how things were in the past and how much the new system has turned around my perception on our Government offices.
I always wonder on how the ‘so-called’ IT manpower producer for the entire world lacks so badly in its IT infrastructure – there is still so much opportunity to streamline many of our government processes and public utility services. So, when I visited the Passport Seva Kendra in Bangalore, it really made me proud.
What I liked
- Online facility to upload our passport application
- Online facility to get our appointment book (no more long waiting at the gates)
- Almost 100% predictability of the start time when we reach the Passport Kendra
- Very well-defined process and streamlined assembly line process,
- smiling support staff – good job!! KEEP IT UP!!
- Clear instructions
- All got done in 1.30 hours!!!!
So, next time if you have any activity in the passport office in Bangalore, you can breathe easily. Things are done in a smooth manner. I am sure the credit also goes to the service provider, Tata Consultancy Services also.
I really feel PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN!! JAI HO!!